Jungle treks from Ketambe
Sumatra Ketambe Jungle Tours
About Sumatra Ketambe Jungle Tours
Ketambe is a small beautiful village in Aceh, Sumatra – Indonesia.
The village is located next to the Alas River, an hour from Kutacane and really close to Gunung Leuser National Park.
Whether you want a challenging hike through mountains and waterfalls, are hoping to find orangutans and other wildlife, or simply wish to relax in the natural hotsprings, Ketambe is the ideal place to begin your journey into the jungle.
Our trekking tours include all necessary camping and cooking facilities, food and drinks. Walking time, area and level of difficulty for the trek will be discussed and agreed with the guide. In addition we offer transport with bus/taxis to and from Ketambe
Professional, experienced and English speaking guides will lead you through the rainforrest which is one of the last orang utan habitats in the world.
There are several activities to do in Ketambe:
- Trekking to the hot spring location 2 or 3 days.
- 3 or 4 days sejuk camp trekking
- Trekking to Bukit Lawang 6 days.
- Trekking to marpunge lake 6 days
- Climbing Mount bendahara 3012 m. 12 days
- Climbing Mount Leuser 3404 m 15 days
- Climbing Mount Kemiri 3315 m 6 days
- Climbing Mount Kaffi and Belerang 2270 m 7 days.
- Rafting 1 to 4 days.